A LGBTQ+ True Stories Anthology
We are everywhere!
That is the message of Queer Around the World: A LGBTQ+ True Stories Anthology, celebrating travel, immigration and multiculturalism from a LGBTQ+ perspective. Queer Around the World Too continues in that tradition.
Queer Around the World Too will be published in print & ebook. It will be made available in paperback on Amazon, the Barnes & Noble website, QommunicatePublishing.com and wherever books are sold (available to booksellers and libraries through Ingram.) Ebook versions will be compatible with the Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo, iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows devices, in addition to PDF and other downloadable formats and web-viewable digital formats.
Please read the following submission guidelines carefully before submitting your work to Queer Around the World Too. If you have any questions not answered below, please write us at email@example.com and we will be happy to answer.
- True Stories – this means the author must attest that the events described actually happened to him/her/them.
- Queer Around the World – all contributions must somehow fit with the theme of travel, immigration or multiculturalism from a LGBTQ+ perspective.
- Genres: Creative non-fiction (essay, memoir)
- Flash non-fiction of 1 page or less is also welcome.
- Poetry will be considered, provided they also qualify as “true stories”.
- Erotica & work aimed at children will NOT be considered.
- Prose: up to 3,500 words
- Flash Non-fiction: 1 page or less
- Poetry: Up to 5 pages
- Please number submissions of longer than 10 pages.
- All submissions must be typed. No handwritten submissions will be accepted.
- If you send your submission in, please do NOT mail us your only copy of your work. We can not be responsible for returning submissions.
- Multiple submissions (submissions of more than one work) are fine. Send us what you’ve got!
- Simultaneous submissions (submitting work you’ve already submitted–or are planning on submitting–elsewhere) are fine too.
- Please just be sure that if your submission gets accepted elsewhere, you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw it from consideration for Queer Around the World Too: A LGBTQ+ True Stories Anthology.
- Reprints will NOT be considered.
- We are seeking First English Anthology Rights and First World Anthology Rights in print and ebook formats.
- NOTE: These rights only allow the material to be used in the anthology and its reprints, and the writer retains all rights to their work not specified here (i.e. in the contract), including copyright to their work.
- We are also seeking, for all material, Non-exclusive Excerpt Rights (for the purposes of promoting the Anthology on the website).
- Contributors will receive, as a humble token of our appreciation, $5 per printed page.
What to Submit
- Your submission
- A brief bio telling us something about you and (if applicable) any publishing experience
- At least one form of contact information (phone number, email, or mailing address. Please do not give a social media account handle as your only form of contact information.
- IMPORTANT: Pen names are acceptable. However, for contractual purposes, all submissions must also include the author’s legal name.
Where to Submit
Submissions may be emailed to us at: email@example.com
or mailed to us at:
201 Lancelot Lane
Becket, MA 01223
AGAIN, MAILED SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE RETURNED
Submission Deadline EXTENDED!
- April 30, 2019.
- We will respond to all submissions by May 1, 2019.
To read some examples of what kind of work we’re looking for, check out the first Queer Around the World: A LGBTQ+ True Stories Anthology Of course, fresh voices and perspectives are always welcome!