LGBTQ+ True Stories Anthology
Every family has a rainbow sheep!
That is the message of the Queer Families: LGBTQ+ True Stories Anthology series, with the first volume and its follow-up, More Queer Families, providing short personal prose and poetry memoirs from queer parents, children, spouses and extended family about life in their families. Even More Queer Families: LGBTQ+ True Stories Anthology continues in that tradition.
As the two before it, this third volume of LGBTQ+ short memoirs on family will be published in print & ebook. It will be made available in paperback on Amazon, the Barnes & Noble website, QommunicatePublishing.com and wherever books are sold (available to booksellers and libraries through Ingram.) Ebook versions will be compatible with the Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo, iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows devices, in addition to PDF and other downloadable formats and web-viewable digital formats.
Please read the following submission guidelines carefully before submitting your work to Even More Queer Families. If you have any questions not answered below, please write us at email@example.com and we will be happy to answer.
- True Stories – this means the author must attest that the events described actually happened to him/her/them.
- Queer Families – by and about LGBTQ+ fathers, mothers, husbands, wives, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, children, grandparents and/or other family members.
- Genres: Creative non-fiction (essay, memoir)
- Flash non-fiction of 1 page or less is also welcome.
- Poetry will be considered, provided they also qualify as “true stories”.
We will NOT consider:
- Work written for children
Length (all word/page counts are loose)
- Prose: up to 3,500 words
- Flash Non-fiction: 1 printed page or less
- Poetry: Up to 5 pages
- Please number submissions of longer than 10 pages.
- All submissions must be typed. No handwritten submissions will be accepted.
- PLEASE EDIT YOUR WORK.
- If you send your submission in, please do NOT mail us your only copy of your work. We can not be responsible for returning submissions.
- Multiple submissions (submissions of more than one work) are fine. Send us what you’ve got!
- Simultaneous submissions (submitting work you’ve already submitted–or are planning on submitting–elsewhere) are fine too.
- Please just be sure that if your submission gets accepted elsewhere, you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw it from consideration for Even More Queer Families: LGBTQ+ True Stories Anthology.
- Reprints will NOT be considered.
- We are seeking First English Anthology Rights and First World Anthology Rights in print and ebook formats.
- NOTE: These rights only allow the material to be used in the anthology and its reprints, and the writer retains all rights to their work not specified here (i.e. in the contract), including copyright to their work.
- We are also seeking, for all material, Non-exclusive Excerpt Rights (for the purposes of promoting the Anthology on the website).
- Contributors will receive, as a humble token of our appreciation, $5 per printed page.
What to Submit
- Your submission
- A brief bio telling us something about you and (if applicable) any publishing experience
- At least one form of contact information (phone number, email, or mailing address. Please do not give a social media account handle as your only form of contact information.
- IMPORTANT: Pen names are acceptable. However, for contractual purposes, all submissions must also include the author’s legal name.
- Please identify in the subject line or cover letter the publication to which you’re submitting, though keep in mind we may consider your work for other books we publish too if we find them appropriate. If you only want your work considered for this one book and no others, please indicate as such.
Where to Submit
Submissions may be emailed to us at: email@example.com
or mailed to us at:
201 Lancelot Lane
Becket, MA 01223
AGAIN, MAILED SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE RETURNED
- June 25, 2020.
- We do our best to respond to all submissions within 3 months of receiving them. If you haven’t heard from us in that time, please feel free to reach out.
To read some examples of what kind of work we’re looking for, check out the first volume: Queer Families: An LGBTQ+ True Stories Anthology. More Queer Families: LGBTQ+ True Stories Anthology releases September 21, 2019.
Of course, fresh voices and perspectives are always welcome!
We look forward to reading your work!