LGBTQ+ Creative Anthology
Like its successful predecessors Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ+ Creative Anthology, Volume 4 will be released in June of 2020 to once again celebrate LGBTQ Pride season.
Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ+ Creative Anthology is the annual collection of creative literary work by and about LGBTQ+. It includes fiction, nonfiction, poetry and scripts up to 7,500 words.
Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ+ Creative Anthology, Volume 4 will be published in print & ebook. It will be made available in paperback on Amazon, the Barnes & Noble website, QommunicatePublishing.com and wherever books are sold (available to booksellers and libraries through Ingram.) Ebook versions will be compatible with the Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo, iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows devices, in addition to PDF and other downloadable formats and web-viewable digital formats.
And watch for Hashtag Queer, Volume 3, out this summer (2019)!
Please read the following submission guidelines carefully before submitting your work to Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ+ Creative Anthology, Vol 4. If you have any questions not answered below, please write us at email@example.com and we will be happy to answer.
- By and/or about LGBTQ+.
- Fiction (including flash non-fiction of 1 page or less).
- Creative non-fiction & memoir.
- Scripts (including plays and screenplays).
For this book, we are NOT considering
- Work written for children.
Length (all word/page counts are loose)
- Prose: up to 7,500 words
- Poetry: Up to 5 pages
- Scripts: Up to 10 pages
These maximums are recommended but flexible. Please number submissions of longer than 10 pages.
- All submissions must be typed. No handwritten submissions will be accepted.
- PLEASE EDIT YOUR WORK.
- If you send your submission in, please do NOT mail us your only copy of your work. We can not be responsible for returning submissions.
- Multiple submissions (submissions of more than one work) are fine. Send us what you’ve got!
- Simultaneous submissions (submitting work you’ve already submitted–or are planning on submitting–elsewhere) are fine too.
- Please just be sure that if your submission gets accepted elsewhere, you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw it from consideration for Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ+ Creative Anthology, Vol 4.
- Reprints will NOT be considered.
- We are seeking First English Anthology Rights and First World Anthology Rights in print and ebook formats.
- NOTE: These rights only allow the material to be used in the anthology and its reprints, and the writer retains all rights to their work not specified here (i.e. in the contract), including copyright to their work.
- We are also seeking, for all material, Non-exclusive Excerpt Rights (for the purposes of promoting the Anthology on the website).
- Contributors will receive $5 per printed page.
What to Submit
- Your submission
- A brief bio telling us something about you and (if applicable) any publishing experience
- At least one form of contact information (phone number, email, or mailing address. Please do not give a social media account handle as your only form of contact information.
- IMPORTANT: Pen names are acceptable. However, for contractual purposes, all submissions must also include the author’s legal name.
- Please identify in the subject line or cover letter the publication to which you’re submitting, though keep in mind we may consider your work for other books we publish too if we find them appropriate. If you only want your work considered for this one book and no others, please indicate as such.
Where to Submit
Submissions may be emailed to us at: email@example.com
or mailed to us at:
201 Lancelot Lane
Becket, MA 01223
AGAIN, MAILED SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE RETURNED
- January 31, 2020
- We do our best to respond to all submissions within 3 months of receiving them. If you haven’t heard from us in that time, please feel free to reach out.
Want editorial feedback on your submission? Our Senior Editor Sage Kalmus now offers honest, constructive & respectful editorial feedback on submissions. Learn more here about how to request editorial feedback.