Click on the call for submission below to go straight to its guidelines or scroll down to peruse them all.
- Funny Queer: LGBTQ+ Humor
- Pan’s Ex² Queer Sex Poetry
- Hashtag Queer: LGBTQ+ Creative Anthology Vol. 4
- Queer Around & Around the World: LGBTQ+ True Stories Anthology
- Geek Out! III – Queer Pop Lit, Art & Ideas
- Even More Queer Families: LGBTQ+ True Stories Anthology
- *CALLS FOR VISUAL ARTISTS!*
- STANDALONE BOOKS
Email us at email@example.com with any questions.
Our Senior Editor Sage Kalmus is now offering Editorial Feedback on your submissions for a small fee.
Sage Kalmus is Adjunct Faculty in Lesley University’s MFA in Creative Writing Program, was published in The Writer Magazine, Spine Magazine, Sanctuary Anthology and others, was nominated for a Pushcart Prize and has been a full-time freelance writer, editor and ghostwriter for over 15 years.
Note that ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE STILL FREE.
Deadline EXTENDED to September 1, 2019
Are you a funny queer? Do people find you queerly hilarious? Prove it!
Seeking LGBTQ+ humor, be it fiction, nonfiction, poems, jokes, B&W comics — the only criteria is that it makes us laugh.
See full Funny Queer submission guidelines.
Deadline: October 1, 2019
Seeking erotic LGBTQ+ poetry for the follow-up to our first all-poetry series.
Deadline: January 31, 2020
Seeking fiction, non-fiction, poetry and scripts by & about LGBTQ+ people and lives for the fourth volume of our flagship publication.
See full Hashtag Queer submission guidelines.
Deadline: April 30, 2020
Seeking short personal memoirs in prose, poetry and dramatic form up to 3,500 words for our third volume on the themes of travel, immigration and multiculturalism from a LGBTQ+ perspective.
Deadline: May 31, 2020
Seeking the following, up to 7,500 words (or 5 pages for art), from LGBTQ+ writers and artists:
- Genre fiction (scifi, fantasy, western, romance, thriller, horror, etc.)
- Nontraditional/experimental poetry
- Creative nonfiction, opinion essays, topical articles and reviews (non-memoir)
- Scripts for stage, screen or audio
- Comics and graphic short stories
- Visual Art
Whatever you geek out about, we want to see it.
Deadline June 30, 2020
Seeking short personal memoirs in prose, poetry and dramatic form up to 3,500 words for our third volume on the theme of family from an LGBTQ+ perspective.
Seeking cover art for all books we publish and visual art for the interior of certain ones.
See full details on our calls for visual art.
Now open to submissions of completed, standalone works. Seeking all genres, lengths and formats. Must be by &/or about LGBTQ+. Must be previously unpublished and must be edited.
Full submission guidelines for standalone books.